A Simple Test

BERNERD REPORTS:
HARRISON FORD IS A TERRIBLE ACTOR!
I am not here to impune a man's reputation, nor am I here to lash out with lots of insults and mockery (you should have read my first draft), I am simply going to propose a test.

THE TEST:
I will present 6 pictures of Harrison Ford. You may look at them as long as you like. When you are ready, I will ask you to identify what character he is playing in each photograph. Sounds simple enough, eh? NOTE: If you use his wardrobe as a clue, you are only making my point.

Ready? Set? Go!
Now, for those out there who think that actors "can only change their faces so much" and that I'm being unfair because "not much can be told in a single frame", I offer you six pictures of another actor. A man named Gary Oldman.

The Magical Oldman

If you think I'm being selective in my photo choice, or that it took me a long time to set up this little test, I encourage you to do some searching on Google Images of Harrison and Gary.


A Little Story:
In 2002, Harrison Ford arrived on set for "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" to promote his new movie "K-19: The Widowmaker". A few pleasantries passed between the two before Conan asked him a throw-away question about how amazing it was that Mr. Ford had spoken with a Russian accent throughout the entire film. Mr. Ford couldn't keep the confusion from his face as he smugly asked "Why do they have to be Russian?!" Had he somehow forgotten that the film he was promoting was based on a True Story? And a very tragic one at that. The character he portrayed was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for goodness sake!

Maybe a quote from our dear Keanu Reeves would be of some help to Mr. Ford:
"You've got smart people, and you've got dumb people. I just happen to be dumb."
Alright. I'm done. Goodnight all! And if you didn't enjoy this little post, Blame Fran! She egged me on with her Indiana Jones post, and somebody had to say it!

-Bern

0 comments: